Loffice Budapest Hírek European Cowoking Assembly opened applications!
European Cowoking Assembly opened applications!
Loffice is a member of the European Coworking Assembly. The Assembly has now opened applications, so check out who we are and apply! It is a great opportunity to do something great together!
The European Coworking Assembly purposes & principles
We are coworking entrepreneurs and professionals who want to improve Europe’s economy and society via coworking and help and promote coworking to reach its full potential. We work with coworking spaces and policy makers to promote coworking businesses, activities and interests in the European Union.
Coworking spaces are hubs for the entrepreneurs, freelance professionals, teleworkers and organizations that are building Europe’s future economy, innovation, jobs, and growth. There are already more than 2000 coworking spaces in Europe with committed entrepreneurs and teams that activate and strengthen these networks, improving the business, lives and links of the tens of thousands of people and businesses they host.
The EU economy needs coworking spaces and should support and favor the efforts of the entrepreneurs that are building these businesses. If there’s a place where people could launch their startup or freelancing career, it is in a coworking space. If remote workers are to have a better balance of life, they should be in a coworking space. If established professionals want to have a peer support network that is lost outside larger companies, they will find it in coworking spaces.
We want to improve our towns, regions, countries, Europe and the World. That is why we campaign and call for governments, parliaments and administrations to:
- Promote coworking spaces via demand, not offer.
- Facilitate access to finance and guarantees.
- Open up unused spaces to be used by local coworking businesses.
- Update laws and regulations to include coworking as a recognized business.
- Simplify VAT taxation for intra-Community transactions.
- Limit taxation on early stage spaces so that they can focus on growth and long term sustainability.
- Promote coworking spaces as a necessary level for innovation.
Among ourselves, the coworking spaces, we strive for:
- Greater visibility, knowledge and utilization.
- A greater collaboration for transnational activities.
- An increased interaction among owners and operators.
- The sharing of know- how and experience.
- An annual assembly coinciding with Coworking Europe Conference to bring our people, challenges and knowledge together for a better future.
Common guaranteed standards of service.
Highlights of Assembly’s results:
• Inclusion of coworking in H2020.
• Declaration by VP of European Commission Neelie Kroes supporting coworking
• On December 2013, in the framework of the Startup Europe initiative, the European Commission organised, in collaboration with the European Parliament, a meeting on the coworking spaces in Europe and the opportunities around them for tech startups and innovation. Loffice was part of the delegation, who raised awareness of the importance of coworking.
• Participation in EU call for creative coworking hubs with Smart.eu
• 10 new members are approved.
• Partnerships with EFIP and Open Coworking
Here is the link where you can join to the movement: http://coworkingassembly.eu/become-a-member/